View Single Post
      10-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #41
cpippolo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

It was a sport line and I drove in sport mode, but don't know if it had the adjustable suspension. In my test drives I didn't find ATS steering more numb, but the reverse. On Cue versus Idrive, I would recommend not relying on a few magazine reviews and try it yourself. Some of the more tech savvy reviewers have actually liked it, and I much preferred it to Idrive, but to each his own. Agree BMW engines are superior, but I tend to prioritize handling over engines (have owned two Miatas and an RX-8 before I started buying German cars), but certainly understand others have different priorities. The auto box in the ATS has actually gotten very good reviews, especially in sport mode, but it does have two fewer cogs. However, I actually find that helpful when manually shifting it.

I'm not trying to criticize anyone's decision to buy a 3, just trying to explain that the ATS will probably pick off a few former BMW owners (saw a few others on the ATS forum) who are open to trying new things, and was surprised how critical people were of the ATS when they haven't even driven it. And there are a lot of people in this forum who seem very concerned about what other people think about their car (even whether the color is "manly" enough). Buy what you prefer. That's what will make you happy.
Appreciate 0