svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtliao View Post
I have one questions tho, for the 'kick' to open the tailgate, would it be possible to shorten the delay time till it opens? I have to wait about a second before it pops after the kick. (I'm driving a 2012 f10)
I just spoke to one of the F10 guys but he couldn't answer me this as he drives a 2011 F10 without the possibility to kick the trunk to open. However, since this function should be similar as it is in the F30, I just looked at the code and found the following two things:

FEM_BODY -> 3040 ClMaster -> CLM_TIME_DELAY_BOOTLID
FEM_BODY -> 30D0 RemoteControl -> RC_TIME_DELAY_BOOTLID

Both have as comment "timeout for delayed open control of the bootlid", so it is very well possible this is what you are looking for.

Now, I am unsure if you can find this at the same location at the F10 because I have no idea what all the various modules and the exact function names are in the F10 but I have a feeling it should be either in the CAS or FRM modules. If you use the search function, I'm sure you should be able to find it. Just remember to make a backup and write down the original values and then just fiddle a bit with the settings

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0