04-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkarn View Post
I have an iPhone 4S and it connects fine. Often though, when I first get in the car the music doesn't play. I see my phone info, track and album art etc in the screen, but there is no volume. If I disconnect and reconnect Bluetooth, connection, it plays. What gives?

Kind of annoying to have to unpair and repair when getting in car to have the music play. Any fixes for this or is this a dealer issue?
Yeah, this is unfortunately pretty normal. I found that this happens occasionally if I was previously watching a video or listening to another music source (Spottily, Pandora, etc) on my iPhone prior to connecting to the car. It's rare when it happens, but if I hear no audio, I just quickly hit the "Radio" button, then hit the "Media" button on the MMI. It just switches to the radio and back to your phone. Simply little glitch, most likely no fix, glitches like this are common in every car unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkarn View Post
A little glitch yesterday though, when I plugged a destination in, it started route fine, but the GPS wouldn't follow my car as I was driving. It still showed my current location as the start location even though car was moving. Every 5 minutes it would then jump to my new location and then stop again. After 15 minutes it corrected itself and worked fine the rest of the way. Will try again today and see what happens.

Anyone else have this happen?
I've had this happen as well at like 3:00AM on my way to San Diego. My current position remained in the parking lot even though I was driving. Just push and hold the Volume Knob (Mute button) and keep holding for about 30 seconds until the entire system restarts. Afterwards, it should work properly. I have only had it happen once and have never seen that problem again. But again, just a minor glitch in the system.
2014 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport [Sold]
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0