11-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #33
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
How long does it take for the hard body product to cure? What about body wrap?

I am also thinking of getting this done as soon as I have taken delivery. How long would a 3 series take? Could I do it the afternoon after pickup?
No.

First of all the dealers love to apply the glaze on the paint for delivery. No, they won't leave it off - I asked before taking delivery of my car.

So, first off, the car has to be washed, de-glazed and cleaned up - maybe by machine. Let dry. Then add Wolf Chemicals Hard Body - in very light doses. Two coats will do the job and hopefully stay put for up to 2 years. Let's say 18 months to be sure. Apply first coat, then let dry for at least a couple of hours before applying 2nd coat. The product is so new that real result will only be available by early 2014, probably more like mid 2014.

I left the above job for a professional to carry out.

Follow up with weekly 2 bucket car washes & absorption dry (I use a BIG chamois, which I just lay on top of the paintwork to absorb the water. I don't drag the chamois) or blow dry. Don't forget to remove pooled water from the inside of the doors, jambs and around inside of boot lid perimeter.

Then take the car (provided it's not raining of course) for a short (or long) drive to shake out the last bits of water stuck in nooks & crannies.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0