06-12-2015, 05:27 PM   #17
Versipellis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F36 440i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosturbos View Post
I've seen lots of newish c300 mercedes around the projects before. I wonder if they're spending 10% of their annual salary on their cars...
It really all depends, you can have a E9X or E82 for relatively short money these days and they're great cars with lots of power especially if you get one with an N54 motor. That being said buying a used BMW is going to cost you some dough. There are lots of sensors and other things that shit the bed and you usually don't walk away from the dealer without spending less than a grand in most cases.
It's kind of a trade off owning a German luxury car. You get style, power, and status but you also get a lot of headaches as they're not cheap to maintain.
That's why I lease now, you don't pay for maintenance. To some it sounds like throwing money away, to me it's piece of mind for the future.
If you're looking to buy used, definitely go with CPO. It's worth the extra peace of mind, because unless you're going to bring it to a workshop yourself to check everything, you won't be able to eyeball any defects or problems from the outside (i.e. powertrain, etc.)
Appreciate 0