02-26-2015, 05:17 PM   #21
Thumper333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
What's wrong with that? Who cares where they're built.
Well, if they aren't built in Germany you can't go pick up your car in Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waelbilal View Post
It does not matter where its made
The important thing is where its design and ideas come from
Not just ideas, I've had the some conversation with people on VW forums going apeshit that their precious car would be built in Mexico

It doesn't matter who bolts it together, it's the manufacturer that sets defect and production goals. If a Mexican built Jetta falls apart, it's not the Mexican worker's fault (well, not ALL their fault), it's the Quality Control from VW that is to blame. They design the parts, they decide if a car passes their inspection and makes it to sale, they decide what if any shortcuts to take on the line.

As for the Japanese quality, it's all about perception. I remember when Honda first started building the Odyseey in Alabama. People would always talk big about they don't buy American cars cause they are crap, usually an insult about lazy blue collar workers was worked in.

Loved pointing out their precious Japanese van was assembled in the US.

Japenese cars are Still touted as the best in quality, blah, blah. Anyone remember when Toyota had to recall hundreds of thousands of trucks because the WHEELS fell off? No one skips a beat saying Toyota builds a great car. To my knowledge, they are the only automaker that ever had a recall for a wheel falling off. LOL
2015 Audi S3 Misano Red | 19" Sport pack w/Mag Ride | B&O
1983 Porsche 944 All stock
Appreciate 0