08-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #77
doc19
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexx786 View Post
wow the f30 front makes the e90 look so old. I still prefer the e90 interior design though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 111R View Post
No you're not. I want to like the F30, but it just looks too big and too gimmicky. I don't have Idrive in my car and love the simple dash vs. the chopped-up look of the F30 with the mandatory screen. To each his own...
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamalexxx View Post
I like F30 front(single big good differences). I prefer E90 interior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpublic View Post
I'll take the E90 steering feel, size and interior over the F30, not to mention Montego w/black kidneys, but that's just me.
I really really want to like the new f30... but I have sat in the new 3 a number of times and I see one every day in my complex - and I really do not like the interior nor do I like the size of it.

I know that the e90 interior is spartan, but spartan ages well... there isn't a lot to go wrong with the interior, nor are there lots of crevices for dirt to build up in. With the f30 I am a bit concerned how all the glitzy trim is going to hold up over time compared to my aluminum trim I have now. And there are so many places with the different angles in the interior that will be a PIA to keep clean (I am a tad OCD with my car interiors). The screen also looks like it was an afterthought, I wish it was incorporated into the dash like the new 5. And from a distance the car is so... big. When I am pulling up behind a new 3 there is always this split second I am not sure if its a 5 or a 3. I like the exterior styling though, the fuel efficiency is great and I know that the new m3 will be lighter than mine... it will be a tough decision when the new m3 comes out.

Not to thread jack - I do think the new M sport otherwise looks really aggressive up front, I like the wheels and I especially like the black kidney grills. It really improves the look of the car. Thanks for the pictures OP!