View Single Post
      06-12-2014, 01:52 PM   #3
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

I just jumped right in. I did take a small piece and put it on the center dash panel to practice my cuts. The nice thing about this stuff, and I'm assuming it's the same with the 3M 1080 line, is that you can put it on and pull it off over and over again without damaging the vinyl. I think patience is key. And if you mess up, you're only down maybe $30, plus if you don't like it tomorrow then you can pull it off in a few minutes.

I honestly kind of view this as a rough draft. I really like the OEM BMW CF trim kit but I'm also waiting for the M3 trim kit to become available as I like that carbon look as well. I figure I can take the CF interior for a test drive so to speak and live with it for a few months before I drop $800 on the real deal.

On a side note, the hardest part of this entire mod was getting the driver side door trim off. As it turns out there are 3 little metal clips per door trim. For some reason my driver sidedoor trim had those metal clips doubled up, one on top of the other. It was really bizzare. Took me forever to take the panel off then took many attemps of putting it back on before I noticed the issue. Once I removed the 3 extra clips it went on without issue. Guess it was a little easteregg fro mthe factory!
Appreciate 0