shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgalanda View Post
Could I have the links for the files as well? Thank you.
I have a question regarding this ^^ because I am not completely sure if I understand your comment. Are you saying that if I code the car and dealer upgrade my ECU CAFD while service, I might not be able to restore it back to original? Does it mean if I want to go back I just have to do it all over again and"manually" code it back? Can you please explain it to me? Can the car be bricked when dealer does update? THANK YOU.
When the dealer programs your car, and the firmware of an ECU is updated, that is the "new original". There is no going back to the "previous original", nor would you want to. If prior to that you had FDL Coded that ECU, and backed it up, you would not want to restore that .ncd data because it is based on the older firmware. Instead, you would just FDL Code the ECU again, and back it up afterwards. You should only restore .ncd data if the ECU CAFD is currently the same version as the backed up version.

An ECU can be bricked any time it is flashed if something goes wrong, but that has nothing to do with whether or not the module was coded by you or not.

PM Sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0