View Single Post
      02-10-2013, 12:59 AM   #22
Sabo
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F21 M140i

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but after reading various opinions from UK and US i thought sharing my experience with the f30 320i xdrive m sport can help those who considering getting one.
Regarding the engine like some others I was a bit concerned but only until I drove it. I traded in my 2011 e90 325d m sport with only 11000 miles on the clock for this car and I don't regret my decision. Obviously the 6cylinder diesel in my e90 was brilliant with tons of torque but this new 4cylinder engine with turbo is definitely a different league to the previous 320i. Yes it has a bit less torque at low rev than the 320d which I also driven but still pulls very nicely and it's so quite. Mine has the 8 speed sport auto gearbox which which makes it even nicer drive. The 4cylinder diesel is a great engine but personally I did find it bit rattling and noisy specially after coming from a 6cylinder diesel. I collected mine on a Monday early January and by Friday the snow came so it had the opportunity to prove itself and I have to say despite the summer tyres it still worked brilliantly. I was able to drive easily unlike in my e90 previously. The 320ix is a very refined car and this engine is more than enough for most people. Of course if money isn't an issue go for a nice 6cyl. petrol or diesel just for the fun(or sound)of it but hardly ever gonna be able to use that extra power. I always preferred big petrol or diesel engines but this 320ix is a great car indeed and a very smooth drive and having awd makes me feel a lot better as my wife drives it most of the time with my daughter at the back. It's a good time to get one of these as bmw trying to introduce to uk market I managed to get mine as a pre-reg with 10 miles on the clock with professional nav., sport auto, sun protection glass, folding mirrors,heated leather with 10k off the list price which made it impossible to resist. If you want want one just go for it you will like it!
Appreciate 0