View Single Post
      12-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #94
jeremyr4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
I live in Boston but I'm still thinking of getting the vert.

With neck warmers, I can probably drive top down even when it's 50-55 F outside, which is pretty much 8 months in Boston. And, when the top is up and in bad weather, it doesn't have any disadvantages over the coupe except that the back seats are tighter, which I don't care, and higher weight would probably give more traction.
Also the weight difference is more noticeable in NA Engines. With the turbo, the performance difference between vert and the coupe will be less significant.
I have never tried the neck warmers on a Mercedes but, between the seat heaters and neck warmers alone, I'm guessing you might not even need the heat on until it's about 45!

Interesting point about the weight. I am very much looking forward to seeing the final weight of the M4 Convertible. My E93 M3 Convertible is way too heavy thanks to the hardtop. My older E46 M3 Convertible was so much lighter on its feet. Hopefully we'll see some decent weight reduction in the M4 Convertible.

And one more note. I checked out the new trunk on the 428i convertible at the LA Auto Show and the trunk "roof up/down" feature with the top down worked VERY well. It really should have been built into the E93. If you already have an E93 convertible then you will love this new feature. It's a little "raw" in its design, as a lot of the parts are exposed, but it didn't bother me because it worked! Very nice to be able to get things out of the trunk without having to put the top up. I have Comfort Access and using the "trunk access" feature seems to work only half of the time so I gave up a long time ago!
Appreciate 0