11-05-2012, 03:17 AM   #2
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephanite View Post
i have the most basic suspension on the car and tbh, it is rubbish. I would like to know which options i missed out on. ie, msport has a lower ride? adaptive m? standard height?

Also, if anyone knows the difference in the compression in these would be great
Some basic info lifted directly off BMW sales pitch brochure:

Dynamic options: M Sport package, Adaptive M Sport suspension, sports automatic transmission and BMW 3 Series xDrive.
Enthusiasts will welcome the further features that are available to enhance the dynamic driving qualities of the new BMW 3 Series and give them a distinctive visual dimension as well. The M Sport package is designed for this very purpose and has been developed specifically for this model series. It includes the
lowered M Sport suspension, featuring a 10 millimetre (0.4 in.) drop in ride height, which works with firmer suspension and damping as well as harder anti- roll bars. Also featured are 18 or 19-inch M alloy wheels. The luxurious package is completed by an M aerodynamics package featuring special body parts, and by chrome tailpipes, exclusive exterior paintwork and interior trim to match. The M aerodynamics package and M Sport suspension can also be specified separately. Also optionally available for the new BMW 3 Series is an
Adaptive M Sport suspension with electronically controlled damping. Based on incoming information about body and wheel acceleration, lateral and longitudinal acceleration, vehicle speed and steering wheel position, an electronic control unit adapts the damper mapping to the road surface and driving situation. At the same time the driver can use the Driving Experience Control switch to vary the basic suspension characteristics between more comfortable or sportier settings.

Although the above does not mention it, the Adaptive is also lowered by 10mm to the standard suspension height.

In addition, there is the M-Performance Chassis and of course, 3rd party suspension upgrade.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0