06-30-2014, 01:18 PM   #82
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
I drove an M4 this weekend and absolutely loved it. I had six months left on the lease on my 2011 335i, and they offered to terminate the lease with no additional charges, then put me into the M4 for a lease payment that's about $400 more than I'm paying now.

Instead, I went home in a new 435i with an M Sport package, without any increase in lease payment. After driving the M4 (and Jaguar F-Coupes in S and R trim), I decided the 435i is a better daily driver, but it still has plenty of power and handles well.

I really don't care if somebody in an M car has a problem with a couple of the badges the factory slapped on. At least in my area, the vast majority of M owners will never do a trackday and really have no idea what to to with the car.

It's kind of like the guys who buy a new GSXR1000, then ride around in shorts and a t-shirt, awkwardly sticking out a knee in turns when there's no way they're going to drag it (which is lucky for them, because they'd rip off the skin if they ever got a bare knee down, anyway). If you look at their rear tires, you'll find huge chicken strips.
That's pretty funny and pretty true.