12-06-2012, 05:08 AM   #4
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwphile View Post
Just had my F30 in for a couple minor warranty repairs and also had my front electronic module reprogrammed. Apparently, it is part of a recall. The service guy was a bit vague about what the reprogram is supposed to do. The only difference I've noticed is that a few of my settings on my I Drive were altered, perhaps to their factory defaults.

Anyone else have any ideas? Or had the same thing done recently?
Well, I had to take my car in for a rear red reflector and very, very minor wheel alignment. Very irritating to have to hold the steering wheel around 1 or 2 degrees clockwise off centre.

So on Monday I took it to Stillwell for warranty and yes, they told me about some software re-programming, which could take hours, even 2 days. So I only had a loan car from Stillwell for the day and we re arranged another day and I will have a loan car for 2 days. I have ordered an M5. If they can't supply me, then an M3 or M6. OK, so ore likely be a 116. See what I care!!!! (Actually , I do)

My SA was also vague, only reading off the work/job sheet he was given. You know more about it than I did.

Now I know a little more. And I thought the upgrade was to boost power & torque by at LEAST 50% - all for FREEEEE!!!!
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0