View Single Post
      09-16-2021, 05:52 PM   #74
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane435 View Post
Isnt S the fastest way to shift? You set shift points in xhp and let it rip. Ive heard s+ isnt always the fastest either. May have to try comfort.
Wait what? Shifter to the left is the fastest shift speed, yes, with XHP or without. If that's what you mean by "S".

In terms of drive mode, you definitely need to be in sport or sport+ if you have XHP to get the fastest shift speeds, particularly in manual mode. There lots of discussion in the XHP thread(s) around the fact that the car actually responds slower to manual shift inputs (paddle or shifter) in comfort with XHP than without XHP, because of the way it changes the mapping. Its extremely noticeable when you manually shift. Not entirely sure if there is any difference between sport and sport+ but a huge difference between either and comfort.

I have custom shiftpoints in XHP also but when i was talking about manually shifting instead of leaving it in "S" (shifter to the left) and sport +, i was just speaking to controlling the 1-2 and 2-3 shift rather than having it auto upshift early due to spinning/DTC.

I've never heard sport+ isnt the fastest shift speed so I'm curious to know where you read that since it goes against everything i have ever observed or seen reported. On XHP stage 3 for me there is a huge difference between comfort and sport+, especially when the shifter is to the left.
Appreciate 0