12-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #42
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeb817 View Post
Take a quick look at this new price list that was just released (below). Take a look at the part numbers on this list and on the instruction manual. As I understand it, if you have a pre Nov-12 build, the PPK will come with a new ECU that will already have the new "M Performance" specs enabled. If you have a POST Nov-12 build, you have the new ECU already in the car from the factory, but it is running the "stock" specs and the new "M Performance" specs are not active and so the kit must include the FSC code to unlock/enable the new specs in the ECU...this leads me to believe that if you have a pre Nov-12 car, the PPK is going to cost more. And, BTW, looks like we have to wait until March now.

That sounds logical. My initial thought was that the 'unlock code' was for the programming update, not for the ECU itself.

I also see that there is no price listed in the new update, while there was a price in October or whenever. Additionally, it says something about Msport in the new info but the old one doesn't make mention any limitation. The information seems to just be confusing and or contradictory, not to mention the date keeps moving back. Wasn't it November? Then January? Now is it March? Most of the new information posted seems to be geared toward new cars not delivered, maybe that is accounting for some of the difference?

Lots of questions, I'd just like to know some specifics instead of the ambiguity for those of us who already have our cars.
Appreciate 0