View Single Post
      06-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #39
mlambert890
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 DCT Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
Lighten up, Francis. Movies don't cost a nickel anymore either.
I agree with both of you guys... I think that other guy is right. Tomorrows buyers (young kids) *dont* give a shit about driving by and large. But the thing is, neither do *most* of todays drivers. Enthusiasts are always a small minority.

99% of BMW/Audi/Mercedes/etc drivers buy the marque because of styling, image, comfort, etc.

So these companies must adapt to keep selling cars. Tomorrows buyers want more technology integration more seamlessly, and so either they get it or they will go to a different manufacturer.

Government regulation is 100% likely to continue to drive stricter emission and safety standards also, so it is a given that hybrid powerplants, autonomous features, etc will become mandated.

But thats all called progress. There were still be cool things and the world isnt going to end.

Each progress wave many people *do* just "jump off" though. So I guess for some they are comfortable deciding that the E46, or maybe the E92, were the "last good ones!!"

Thats fine for them, although they should realize there are people older than them who feel *those* cars are an abomination and stopped caring after the 3.0CS.

Personally, I'd rather see what kind of cool stuff is coming next, but I understand the sentiment of getting disillusioned with it. That sentiment is as old as progress.

People shook their fists in anger at the first "horseless carriage" and lamented the loss of the bond between man and beast, yet you can still go horseback riding today right?
Appreciate 0