titanium330
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 328XiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
I'm so sorry for betraying how American I am, but a freakin' diesel station wagon? In M sport trim?
It's more like you've betrayed how badly you're stuck in the 1970s.

Is your problem with diesels because your last experience with it was in a 1978 Mercedes 240D? But a modern European diesel actually suits American driving better than a gasoline engine does: you get more torque for winning your lane merges, while consuming 30% less fuel. Gas engines beat diesels only in the most high performance driving: track or autobahn. Very few people do the former (and they usually buy more appropriate cars than wagons), and you can only experience the latter for a couple of weeks while doing ED.

Is your problem with wagon body because your last experience with it was in your mother's LTD Country Squire? But this is a BMW we're talking about - when you move from a sedan to a wagon, you sacrifice about 70kg in extra weight (equals to something like .2s in 0-60, and 1mpg), but gain a huge amount of useable space. For many people with families, this means that the other family vehicle can now be a normal car instead of an ugly SUV. Is that what you mean by "being managed by females"?

And is there really a car that would not benefit from better suspension, better steering wheel and seats, and better looks?
+1