11-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #109
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
The target audience of humiliation is an average person in an average neighborhood driving an average car and making an average of $49,000 a year.

Those people don't know the difference between a 335i and a 328i so there's no increase in status for having it.

And if we wanted to impress those making $250,000 a year and up, the 3 Series isn't the car for that. I drive mine because it's practical and the bare minimum necessary to keep up with my $700,000 a year crowd; to them, I'm driving a very nice Camry. I've got better places to put my money than into a car, but I can't be seen in a Toyota.

BJ
I live 15 minutes from Westport, and 2 minutes from Wilton, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about...

However, since I work for a modest american corporation, a 3-series is close to "bell curve" for the parking lot; there are a few porsches, a ton of toyota's, but the BMW falls into the middle of the ground for my company/social circle.

I live 50 minutes from Manhattan, so BJ and I have a "skewed" perception of wealth. My house is a POS, and it's 33% of his house...

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0