View Single Post
      01-18-2018, 01:55 PM   #4
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

My newly-arrived 2018 is also white, but Beige Sensatec, with somewhat less content, but after a couple of hundred miles, I like it very much! I haven't encountered any "hate", but would attribute any to those with different needs who can only express themselves with egocentrism and childishness. The car serves a purpose extremely well!

As to tires, within the Ultra High Performance All Season category, there are some variations. We have the DWS06 currently on my wife's Audi A6, and they are great providing a quite/comfortable ride with very good handling. If you want something within the same category more performance oriented, trading off a bit of the quiet/comfort, I suggest Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+. I have an earlier version of that tire on my 2 Series/Track Package/6MT car. In either case, you will also need snow tires, such as Blizzak WS80 or Michelin XIce xi3. Neither of the DWS06 nor AS3+ (nor any others in that category) will be as capable of stopping/turning as well in the winters in your area. They can handle "light" snow at most...when you can still see most of the concrete below you. (Most tires will get you going, but that is convenience...stop/turn is the life/limb saving stuff).

Congrats, good luck, and enjoy!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0