Rep
Drives: e36 m3

Garage List
12 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadymoddn504 View Post
hello all. we can all agree this headrest issue just seemed a little off..(must be the ocd) but its in place for a reason: TO MOD! jk so i also tried this mod but noticed that i didn't have the clamps on mine instead it was a 20 torx screw on one of the bars. anyway so after doing one side per dd1981 just going through the steps, it dawned to me years later that i didn't even need to do steps 1-2. the only thing i needed to do was pry up on the cap that you cant squeeze down-on while the head rest is still on there (bc the cap covers the internal adjuster thingy), bring down the head rest and then pressed down on both of them simultaneously once you are on the last knotch to bring it down all the way. too late to bare with me but you'll have about 1-2 inches of space to snap the cap back on and your done.

ps still be gentle when prying the cap and make sure u snap it back on real good. it has 3 groves that need to be snapped down

still or cant figure it out then just go through with all the steps noted before. it just depends what you want and how much time you have.. ie i only wanted the headrest to be flush down so i went through all the steps on the passenger side and cut the steps in half for the driver side whatever works for you. if you pull up on it then it'll snap back in place and you will have to do it again
Yep indeed you can skip the 1st two steps, I covered that in another post. The reason I did the whole thing is I want to be able to remove my headrests so I wanted the clamp off on the stem.

Good job and thanks for adding. Headrests Lookin much better.
good stuff! thanks for sharing in the first place, it definetly helped

the only thing in this world that gives orders is balls. You got that? Balls.

Last edited by steadymoddn504; 08-23-2012 at 03:26 PM..
Appreciate 0