12-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #25
sean10mm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i xDrive 6MT ZDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
Not sure if money is a factor, but without all the goodies, you may be better off with a different vehicle. Seems like the OP isn't really interested in what makes it a luxury car as opposed to just a sports car.

That said, I'm sure you can get a bare bones model with just the driving features/enhancements and be satisfied with it. I just wonder if you may be better served with a different car. It's probably blasphemous, but thing Mustang GT with all that performance/power on tap, very good handling, etc and save some $$$.

I'm just amused at your reaction to the HUD. I found it cool/amusing when I first saw it, drove it for a couple months, and then drove a rental and found myself whining about not having HUD. It's almost to the point I think, how did I live without it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
A Mustang GT isn't a sedan last I checked. It's an amazing bargain, but useless if you need 4 doors and any level of practicality.

Let's say you want a sporty 4 door car and don't actually care about having every gadget under the sun, but don't want something completely ricer looking like the STI and Evo. What exactly is competing with the F30 there at a significantly lower price point?
Appreciate 0