01-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #95
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomer123 View Post
...But the Americans - the were greatly displeased, because as we know, they do everything bigger. Food, drink, people, cars ("trucks"), sport, etc...
I am one American who likes the E9x cup holders. They work fine for me and hold everything I have dared to put in them. I have noticed though that if you put a typical 16 or 20 oz. drink bottle in them, it jostles around and can fall out because the diameter of the holders is too great to hold them snugly. I think that's the reason for all the complaints about the cup holders. It couldn't possibly be because their diameter was insufficient for only the 32 oz. size drinks wouldn't fit. I drink mostly Vitamin Water, Life Water and Gatorade, and the cup holders hold those bottles quite snugly, as do they hold well my car coffee cup.

There are some folks who I've found put things there and leave off the lid and then complain because the liquid spills. Well, even BMW can design for stupidity.

In the F30, I hate the driver's side door pull. It intrudes into the space my left knee wants.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that the one other thing I do drink while driving -- McDonald's sweet tea -- no longer fits in the cup holders. It's a huge ass cup of tea and it's too tall to fit in the space provided in the F30.

The other thing I hate is the limitation BMW has put on the interior color combos one can get with the various lines.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed

Last edited by tony20009; 01-29-2013 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0