12-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #134
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
The US BMW site, under M performance suspension, doesn't show that option/suspension as available.

The standard sport/M sport suspension is 10mm lower than the standard suspension. IIRC the M Performance suspension is supposed to be 10mm lower on top of the sport, so a total 20mm drop from standard non sport suspension.
Your picts look like you have the wrong springs. That car sits like it's an Xdrive. Do the springs look new to you?
Did they give you the OEM springs?

Ride height/drop is dictated by the springs, not the dampers.
So it may be that you got sport/Msport springs with M Performance dampers.
That will work, but you now may be under sprung and over damped.
Can't say for sure as we don't know if the M performance dampers have any firmer damping than the M adaptive dampers, which also use the sport/Msport black springs.

I'm looking into M Perormance springs to go with my M adaptive dampers.
If those are the sport/Msport springs along with the M Performance dampers you should notice a big difference in handling compared to the non sport standard springs and dampers.
Yeah, I think they might have in fact given me the M/Sport Springs, rather than the M Perf ones.

Again, I have a standard, so for me, getting the springs for FREE from them for this whole hassle, was fine. The stance is a little odd, I agree, but I check the part numbers, they didn't install the same springs, so I'm unsure what I have.

What I can tell from driving is that...it's a pretty dramatic handling difference. And I like it. If it's the wrong spring set, I'll shit on them later....at this point, I think the dealer AND me are tired of the car being in and out of the shop.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0