View Single Post
      09-01-2013, 11:38 PM   #389
Gastoys
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BWM 335i M Sport sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabrich View Post
If you had read a little bit more of the thread, you might have found because of incentives and money factor, the AH3 actually ends up cheaper than a non-hybrid 335. On top of that, the added 300 lbs actually balances out the car better (better weight distribution), not to mention the car has more horsepower and more torque.

And let's not forget ASS actually works properly and the 2013's had the updated NAV not available with non-hybrids, plus as you pointed out gets better gas mpg than a 335i.

Not bad for less money!

But thanks for your opinion!
There are no BMW incentives in Seattle area, I test drove one and the only incentive was tax payers $2,500 as per sales manager.

Car felt heavy, was $61k, butt dyno it was no faster than the m sport, gas mileage was only a few mpg at best. I don't understand the fascination of hybrids - weight of batteries and two motors makes for a 2 ton 3 series which equates to wearing out brakes and tires faster, poorer cornering/braking, more electronics to fail resulting in higher maintenance costs.

Now, when Tesla makes a car that is competitive in size as the 3 series or makes an electric 3 series for BMW I will get excited.

P.s.i did read the thread.
Appreciate 0