09-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #396
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdong View Post
Personally what I'd like to see is a plug-in ActiveHybrid 3, with a 15-20 mile all-electric range and double the electric power (100HP). In boost, that could mean I can make my work commute and only have the engine come on when I'm accelerating on an onramp.

But it seems clear from BMW's roadmap that their plugin hybrids will most likely be N20-based or below, and I'm not sure I want an engine downsize either. Oh well.
As most of my driving is done in trips of 10 miles or less, I was very intrigued by the Prius Plug In Hybrid from the beginning. Most expected the cars to sellout quickly and be in tight demand.

Bottom line, America has not accepted the Prius Plug In Hybrid and most Dealers in the few states that sell them cannot get them off the lots unless highly discounted.

Bottom line in terms of sales, the Prius Plug In is to the Prius Line as the AH3 is to the Series 3 in the BMW line (~100,000 per year BMW Series 3 to 100 a month AH3).

I am sure every car company in the world is looking at the lack of success in the highly successful Prius line and their Plug In Hybrid when developing future plans for their Companies.
Appreciate 0