General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i_4D View Post
Seems like I have a good setup then.
BlackBerry Z10 for mails, SMS and BT music, Ipod Touch for BMW Apps using the BB hotspot.

Would a snap in cradle for the Ipod add any functionality, or just the USB cable does the job ?
I have the same exact setup, and it works, but the reality is the Office function pretty much sucks. It's like looking at an MS-DOS screen from 30 years ago. No color. No HTML. No support for images or attachments. I assume this is due to limitations with the Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP) it uses, but whatever the reason, it renders the Office function useless. I end up just using my phone, and not the iDrive. The internet on iDrive is also completely useless too, but I digress...

I also have the BMW Connected Drive App side-loaded on my Z10. I wish there was a cable for it like there is for the iPhone, as that would be a whole lot better than using the Z10's hotspot and an iPod.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0