United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 + F90 M5 + G80 M3

Garage List
2021 X5  [0.00]
2021 M5 Competition  [9.17]
2022 M4 CSL  [10.00]
2022 M3 Xdrive Comp ...  [10.00]
To be fair, having the paint building doesn't mean it's used I guess. Might be an old thing.

Was just looking, not sure why but I ended up reading about Thorne for my M3 delivery...

All I can find is this now:

http://pad.doncaster.gov.uk/AnitePub...s/00522694.pdf

"New vehicles manufactured in Germany were imported through the port of Immingham
and delivered to the Vehicle distribution Centre at Thorne for onward distribution to
dealers across the country. However, since 2007 BMW commenced to establish direct
delivery from the port of entry to the dealer which is a more efficient operation and
reduces movements and costs. Some of the key activities now include pre-delivery
inspection, valet and distribution for BMW’s sole UK showroom at Park Lane, London.
The site is currently experiencing capacity issues particularly in respect of the body shop
area which has increased as BMW has been appointed as an official partner of the
London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games to provide 3200 vehicles to support the
initiative for use by officials, guests and competing teams."

So seems they are gearing for port to dealer. Which makes sense to me!

I ended up having to have paint on my M3 less than 1 week after it arrived (they glued the carbon fibre performance spoiler on wrong and it had to be removed before replacing). I was very concerned and discussed rejecting the car with the dealer - their reply "you'd be surprised how many new cars have paint work done to them on arrival".

So who knows!

Mat

Instagram - @matfireworks
Appreciate 0