View Single Post
      05-04-2016, 09:37 PM   #1
2Ritch
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

What is this noise? BC Racing BR Series Coilovers

Maybe you guy's can offer your opinions on a Front-end noise I'm having since installation of my BC Racing Coilovers.

I bought my car with H&R lowering springs on the stock shocks, but they were too bouncy and there was a slight rattling noise when I drove over bumpy pavements and big bumps from the front left strut (driver's side), which I assumed was a bad strut mount...therefore I bought a brand new set of BC Racing Coilovers.

After installation I got a new noise but this one was a more consistent & annoying noise, it sounded lower than the original noise I had with stock shock, it's like a clunking/knocking noise going over the smallest bump, uneven pavement and I can feel it under my left foot, almost as if something is loose.

I had an alignment shop full inspect my car, they re-torqued all bolts, subframe and checked all bushings & sway-bar bushings and they said everything looked great! We also re-checked the installation & pre-load on the coilovers...so now I'm dumbstruck on what it could be...I'm starting to wonder is it's the steering rack, which I hope not...lol

Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0