View Single Post
      12-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #17
Deyvy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyc View Post
Me. Really, really badly, definitely, toe-curlingly, sphincter-puckeringly me. With bells on.

I was out this afternoon, fighting off the sales shoppers in a traffic jam, and fiddled with the menus a bit. I suddenly realised I'd had my Sport mode config set to 'Drivetrain only' all this time. So I've been driving my car in Sport, thinking i was feeling the Sport damper setup, as well as drivetrain settings. I knew there was some config in that menu, but had long since disabled the sport info screen ...

So the bad news is that I win the 2012 dick-head award by a country mile. The good news is that my earlier comments about lack of damping control in fast bends was plain bollocks. The car is impressively tied down and feels nicely planted and trustworthy.

It gets better still. My M sport steering really comes to life in Sport. I think this is where the biggest difference over standard is. It really weights up heavily at 30mph plus. It feels excellent, even in mild bends with little steering lock.

So I'm officially an utter nob, but I'm really in love with the car

But I need to
I think a new review write up is needed.