pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movietub
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
328 - less power sounds shitty (i have one and want to leave it stock but seriously considering exhaust options just for the sound it lacks)
Problem is that the exhaust will make it sound louder, not better. That engine is never going to make an evocative sound - if that's what you're after.

It's a technical marvel, a very good engine of course. But I don't think a heavily blown 4 pot is ever going to be a noise I would want to amplify...

Save the money and go for the M3. Or swap for a 330d even... Amazingly for a diesel it actually does sound better at higher revs than the 328. How things change.
True. But my evo was plenty fast and sounded great - had a stealth exhaust not a loud one. I dont know if I will ever get another 11 sec car with passengers again. It does seem strange to have the tail sliding out, pushing it hard and not hearing anything but tires and feeling really smooth at the same time. But that is bmw. That i love.
But that m2 better come out - hopefully more closer to the size of the e30. I WANT ONE NOW.
Appreciate 0