Thread: xDrive Hold up?
View Single Post
      08-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #13
rmd
Rep
Drives: On order: 2013 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco493 View Post
I am. Frank is a good guy, so I hate bothering him. I hope your car gets through quick.

Mine has been sitting at the VDC in Jersey since the 9th. It got on a ship quick in Bremerhaven, 3 days or so after production. It was supposed to get delivered to Tulley last Monday (13th), never got there. There's my frustration! When they called BMWNA I guess they were told it was an emissions problem. But clearly that isn't the case.

Anyone have any ideas?
I agree--Frank is definitely a good guy. I get the feeling that he is also quite frustrated at this point, as he would really like to deliver your car to you! Hopefully, whatever is holding it up gets resolved in the next day or two, so that it can get loaded onto a truck and delivered to Tulley, and then to you.

Based upon the other people that have already taken delivery of their 2013 335i xDrive vehicles, it sounds like something strange is happening with your car. I have heard that random cars get pulled for EPA testing, but the two week delay seems odd. I'm betting that EPA certification (which is what Frank also said in an e-mail to me yesterday) is not really the issue here. Hopefully you will get a call today or tomorrow and that will be the end of it!
Appreciate 0