12-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #149
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83 View Post
On a similar note, I was going to get my detailer guy to sort the car out with a wax/sealant etc. a few days after I'd picked it up, but I wonder if I would be better asking my dealer not to touch/wash the car at all after they receive it, and I'll get my guy to wash it and do it at the dealership before I collect it, so the dealer can't put any marks/swirls etc. on it before I get it.

Does anyone think think they'd let me do that, or would I be better getting my guy to do it after I've collected the car?
Yes they should. Most detailers strongly recommend you do not let the dealer loose on the paintwork and let them prepare it. I'll be checking the paintwork very carefully and won't be happy if the dealer has introduced any swirl marks in the paintwork.

I've bought this to apply to mine when it arrives along with their Paint Cleanser:
http://www.definitivewax.com/acatalog/Durus-Glaze.html

It came highly recommended on the detailing world forums. I also have Collinite 476S at home I got for her Alfa and it is good for the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitster View Post
If you see a mineral gray F31 on the back on trailer coming down towards London it's mine
It might be mine!!!
Appreciate 0