10-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #20
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehecht View Post
I currently own a 1990 325i coupe with ~140K miles. I love the car; it's been modded with Bilstein HD struts/M3 springs/M3 rsb/LSD/Turner chip/Z3 short shifter/M3 custom upholstered sport seats. Ideally I would own that plus the F30 but we're moving to a place where we can only garage two cars (my wife's included). For those who have driven both, would I be nuts to give up the E30 for a F30 3-series, probably a 328 Sportline with H&R springs. I'm also thinking about a Dinan Shockware suspension upgrade w/ Stage 1 engine upgrade if they get well reviewed once released. Is it worth paying the extra $40-50K in terms of driving pleasure? I don't care much about the creature comforts of the F30, only how the handling/steering/fun factor compares. (One negative about the E30 is that I'm unable to find acceptable summer performance tires for my 15" rims, so I've had to go to AS Bridgestone Potenza RE960 Pole Position. Good for what they are, but a step down from performance rubber.)
God no. I have an E46 and the two don't even feel like they are from the same type of car. I can't imagine what going from an E30 to F30 would be like.
Appreciate 0