United_States
Rep
Drives: 528, 428 GC

Garage List
2014 BMW 528i  [0.00]
428 GC delivered in Vegas

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So on Friday, 6/13/14, I noticed someone on the forum posted that their dealer had a 428 GC. So I texted the assistant sales manager to ask if they got one at my dealership (Vegas). He said as a matter of fact that had just got one in. So I go to look at it and it is their car - I can't think of the name, but it starts with a H - they get in to sell other cars. Basically, they told me they get it pretty much loaded to show customers what options are available.

Name:  Grand Coupe.jpg
Views: 23491
Size:  332.5 KB

I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but if I rewind a while the GM tells me to tell him what I would order on a GC and he would get it just so I could see it. This was during one of my visits asking for help with the body shop - my wife's 528...another story.

Name:  Grand Coupe 2.jpg
Views: 24852
Size:  576.3 KB
Name:  Open Hatch.jpg
Views: 25321
Size:  634.0 KB

Back to present day. I went to see this car and it still has the plastic on it. It is white - my color - with read leather and it is loaded. I'm not sure what options may be missing. They wanted too much that night and I gave a crazy number I would be willing to do the deal for and I left. The next day I was headed to the dealership with my wife to support their charity car wash for two police officers that were recently killed. Unexpectedly, my phone rings and it is the salesman telling me they came down...it wasn't enough, I told him I just happened to be on my way to the dealership and I gave him a number to meet them in the middle. He said he would let me know when I got there. By the way, out of 5 previous BMWs, I only bought one off of the lot (used). The others were ordered.

Name:  Open Hatch 2.jpg
Views: 25476
Size:  604.5 KB
Name:  Interior 1.jpg
Views: 22840
Size:  421.5 KB

You have read this far and may wonder how the story ends. Well, tune in next week...nah, just kidding. I don't have any pics, but it is in my garage as I type this. You know when the first time I drove this car was? When I drove it off of the lot today. That and the red leather are two things kind of new to me. I didn't plan on getting a car this soon and I'm still kind of in shock, but it is a nice car. It handles better than the 5-series (obviously), but doesn't have the creature comforts we have in that car - soft close doors, luxury seating, etc.

Name:  Interior 2.jpg
Views: 22804
Size:  486.4 KB

I am feeling really fortunate right now. Being able to drive these two cars is something I would never take for granted.

Name:  Cars.jpg
Views: 22716
Size:  780.1 KB

Last edited by tomegun; 06-17-2014 at 11:46 PM..
Appreciate 0