12-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #70
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF64 View Post
I went without the built in nav to have some other options and buy a sat-nav when i get the car. I hadn't heard of syrius one but just googled it. Is it as good as it sounds ?
I don't know and that's the 64 thousand $ question. It's £389 inc VAT and delivery. But it needs to be fitted. So say £689 in total. Anything is better value than the near £2000 we paid for the Pro Nav. Could have had a 3 day 5* City Break with the money saved. I still feel very p**sed off and properly shafted.

VW are no better, but I managed to get their £1900 Sat Nav system (made by Continental Tyres in the Czech Republic!) through the VW forum for £550. It was a genuine one. Unfortunately, it sounded sh*t (they all do when loaded with lots of features and the LED Screen) compared to the boggo Radio/CD player and I ended up buying new speakers, amps and a sub-woofer thereby spending an extra £3000. Was I f**ked off or what? Talk about being penny wise, pound foolish. This time I decided to be pound wise, penny foolish. I was just as stupid!

Today is one of 'those' days for me. I have them more and more often and they get worse and worse. Omni-grumpy. I just wanted a damn good rant. I still feel p**sed off and hacked off, so there's been no cathaisis as yet.

http://shop.snooperdirect.com/product1970186.html