View Single Post
      11-05-2021, 06:49 PM   #37
DADPAID
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Hello, this might be a bit unrelated but I suppose it's worth a shot as everybody here seems to be much more knowledgeable than myself. I have a 2015 F30 335i, build date 7/2015. There seems to be a lot of speculation as to whether or not this car has a 4G TCB, but I can confirm it is still 3G (part number 8410938241901). I am not yet ready to drop a bunch of money on an upgrade to NBTEvo/ATM, but it seems there is some success (espescially on i3 forums) in upgrading to a 4G TCB. I was able to find one (part number 84106836777) and will be receiving it soon. However, I'm confused as to the coding process needed to get connecteddrive and remote services working. It seems that the IMEI and ICCID from the NBT and TCB need to match, but I am a total newbie when it comes to ISTA/P and have no idea how you'd go about this. Is it even possible? Dealer says no, but again the internet seems to have another opinion. Any insight into this super frustrating problem would be appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: May have answered my own question here- de-solder chips from current 3G TCB, install onto donor 4G TCB, VO code donor TCB to match VIN in NBT.... thoughts? Otherwise it seems to me that a new connecteddrive subscription would have to be purchased using the donor VIN (which seems difficult if not impossible given that there's no way of receiving the activation code on my HU???)

Last edited by DADPAID; 11-05-2021 at 10:47 PM..
Appreciate 0