View Single Post
      01-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
TheObviousChild
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 Comp xDrive - '21 X3M40

To Those who have had ASS Re-coded

Here's the situation. I just got my car back from having the ASS set to "Last User Mode" and the sport displays set to US units (HP & ft/lbs).

When I got in the car, the first thing I noticed was the Sport Display which was still showing kw/hrs and nM's. I also noticed none of my user settings had been blown away as I had expected and been told. So the SA runs back to talk to the tech and comes back out, goes into profiles and deletes the one that had existed. Sport Displays now work. I suppose the old settings were still tied to the old profile. So there's that.....not really a big deal as the sports displays are kinda superficial.

Since I've had the car back though, ASS doesn't seem to be remembering Last User Mode as it should. I get in the car, hit the ASS button so that the light comes on indicating it is disabled, and when I cut the engine and start the car back up, the ASS light is off and is active again.

I dug through the settings and the only thing I could find that seemed remotely related was the Door Lock configuration. Namely, all boxes were checked except for the one to Automatically revert to last user seat position and I was wondering if maayyybe the ASS Last User Mode was part of that module.

....or did they just screw it up? I reallly don't want to have to take it back in.

Previous: 2020 M340 / 2017 X3 / 2016 340xi / 2013 335xi / 2011 X3 / 2010 328i / 2007 328i / 2004 325i
Appreciate 0