11-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #16
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTrigger View Post
The distance/street name, strangely enough, is not displayed on the nav screen (unless someone can correct me and explain how to display it). If you've seen the nav screen is actually pretty difficult to read. The HUD really simplifies things and puts the most pertinent information up on the display. The speed is always displayed and is way easier to read than the instrument cluster. I use the HUD to scroll through songs and turn by turn navigation. It's more of a safety device as it does not take your eye off the road which is very useful.

The normal breaks are good in normal driving, actually more comfortable too. The M breaks make every stop an abrupt stop and really don't see any action in normal day to day driving. Make sure about the summer tires as they are great in both rain or shine.

yes, and remember that the PDC will not see the low curbs. If you've seen the cameras in action they are pretty awesome. Pretty much you only need them to see if the front bumper will scrape the curb. I don't have the system on mine, but I wish I did.
Thanks for that; distance and street name can be displayed on the idrive screen by selecting arrow-view for the split-screen, and if you don't select it, it should display that in the instrument cluster instead?

Thanks for your advice on the brakes, if the actual stopping distance will be practically the same between the two, I'll pass on them. Rear view camera I agree would be useful, but I think PDC will be enough for me, and has been on previous BMWs.

Definitely leaning towards the HUD: looks like a killer feature, and great that its available on the 3 series now!