Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
Two things:

MT tested their 335i at 13.3@103.4 mph. the test you are referring to was a C&d test. different driver different tracks so i would not draw any conclusions from comparing these two tests, especially as it relates to trap speeds.

Second, note that the rwd you are referring to was wearing staggered summer 19s. There is a lot of time left on the table for both rwd and xdrive.

Either way this is exciting news for PPK

I agree with you, both could easily be trapping 106mph with the right tires.

Lots of potential here.
Staggered summer tires are less of an issue on an Xdrive car when we are talking about straight line numbers. Staggered summer tires will help out off the line acceleration, biggest benefactor would be a manual trans RWD car or an abusive launch on a Xdrive 6mt car. I doubt traction of the line was an issue in an 8spd Xdrive car or an abusive enough launch could be committed. So trap speeds will show little to no affect on a car where off the line traction cannot be exploited. Now if the all seasons meant the testers could not launch aggressively, summer tires would help-but those would further reduce 0-60 times, but usually at the expense of trap speeds. Basically wheel spin=good for traps, bad for ET/0-60.

But in the end, I agree and we will hopefully see more testing of PPK equipped cars-I am hoping in varieties such as RWD and or 6mt.

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0