954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

The Maserati Trofeo reaches the United States for Round 4

Maserati.com
http://www.maserati.com/maserati/en/...singSpeed.html

Modena (I), 20 August 2014*–*The engines on the Maserati GranTurismo MC Trofeos will come alive again four Round 4, this season’s first event outside Europe. This time round, the stage will be the USA and Virginia International Raceway, with the races co-inciding with the Tudor United SportsCar Championship. The Maserati Trofeo World Series was run in the US in 2012 and 2013 but at the California circuit of Sonoma.

For Maserati, the next round marks a return to the track, near Danville, at which*Carrol Shelby*drove his No.98 Maserati 450S to victory in 1957. He managed to complete 20 laps over a race distance of around 104km, beating off the best competition of the era.

Last time out in the 2014 Maserati Trofeo, held at Silverstone,*Mauro Calamia*claimed the season’s first title: the Trofeo Europa. Now that reigning champion*Renaud Kuppens*has pulled out, the search is on for a successor with Calamia looking most likely. Second overall is Gabriele Gardel but he can be ruled out as his season ended at the last round. One driver who will be feeling confident is Italian*Riccardo Ragazzi*and, if his luck turns, so will*Alan Simoni. With things now on a global stage, the Europeans will be up against ten or so North Americans in the triple challenge that will see two 30’ sprints and a 60’ endurance race held.

(follow the link above for the rest of the release)

TRG-AMR’s Aston Martin Vantage GT3 had a huge crash at the last track, did you see it?
That was what? A week ago? They flew in a chassis and are rebuilding the car for this weekend.

It always makes me wonder how my techs can take so damn long when these guys can rebuild and entire car in less than a week.

You can read about the AMR rebuild here: http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/tr...build-for-vir/

Last edited by 954Stealth; 08-21-2014 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0