Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A5 Cab and Jag XJ

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
JRINNS:

For 2WD Cars: How about a Mercedes CLS Shootingbrake. It's had a brilliant review in Autocar. Trumped the 5 Series Touring which came second. Equivalent Audi and Jaguar 3rd and last respectively. The Jaguar was a huge disappointment. It's not a very space efficient car anyway. Or, stick with a 330d M Sport.

For 4WD Cars: 330d xDrive M Sport, 330d xDrive Touring M Sport or a dreaded Audi Quattro. I personally don't like anything about Audis. Pity there is no xDrive 5 Series yet. Also, the 5 Series will be updated soon.

Or, a BMW X5 or the new Range Rover. Latter quite amazing and huge.

Glad you binned the Evoque. I think its design is challenging.
Done the 4x4 thing, had a q7 and sport. I think the shooting brake may be out my league re price and from what ive read the 350 engine is only around 260 bhp . I think for size and power 313ps i will find it hard to get the same bmw for the money as the offer i have for the audi. It would he a 530d which is fantastic but the Quattro is a bonus. It drives wheel and is comfortable but i yearn for an estoril blue 330d touring which is probably a little too small for two kids in the back as im 6'4 hence the 5 series and a6 for added rear leg room

I need one 4 wheel drive in the house just to ensure i earn if the weathers bad.

I tried ti get the wife into a crv but she was having none of it which would have allowed me a greater choice.
+ 1 more undecided.
Appreciate 0