10-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #46
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Having the 335i, i find it slow, and just barely able to keep up with traffic...
consumption is terrible: 270milles per 15 gallons !?

And that's when i am trying to keep just a few car's length ahead of traffic.

Old accords would even drive faster than me.

the suspension is bouncy, i am not fully satisfied with this car.
I love it, but it has those unexpected imperfection so uncharacteristics of BMW.

the N55 in the F30 is over-rated.
I don't even know how to address this. My sport line 335i just zooms. I'm confident that 90% cars on the road wouldn't have a shot at keeping up with me when I press the go pedal. Even on bad Mississippi roads, on the wee comfort setting, she stays firmly planted. Put it in sport or sport+ and who needs to bother with braking in a turn...

As far as consumption? Sheesh, 85% city driving I'm getting 24. Set cruise control on the highway at 78mph and I'm seeing 32-33. My tank can hit near 500 miles on a tank on the highway, and in my mostly city normal driving, I'm getting 410-430 depending on how many times I want to really get on it. Cars passing me up on the highway? Not happening unless I want them to. For fun, I got on the on ramp and saw a line of cars coming, and (from an almost dead stop) I was breaking 90mph before I had to even merge, well ahead of the pesky traffic.

Sorry, but I don't see the problems you've mentioned in my car. Not saying this is the best car in the world by any means but the luxury to performance ratio is way up there. I'd only compare it to the S4, which when comparatively equipped, would've set me back another 4k or so.

Maybe my personal results are skewed because I've had all honda's (civics and accords) before this and a 4x4 F150 with a 5.4ltr V8 that guzzled gas...

Last edited by tdizzle; 10-08-2012 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: cant spell
Appreciate 0