View Single Post
      01-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #30
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBodom View Post
Not that what I wrote below has anything to do with the OP’s original question. Since the question is more about the financial part of the deal and not about the comparison between the 3 and the 5, but….

I drive 2012 528xi and I considered a 3 series before. Here are a few points:

- way more spacious than the 3 series.
- very quite ride, you would not be able to hear the N20 at all (unlike in the 3 series).
- interior, interior and one more time the upscale interior design and feel, the 3 series IMHO just looks very simple and plain, not elegant simple, but poor simple.
- As far as sportiness goes, no way in the world is 535 underpowered. Ride will feel different than in the smaller car. You’re no longer in a go-kart, but in a luxury, sports cruiser. Go-karts will always feel faster, that does not mean they are. As far as 528xi goes, it’s a very “torquey” engine, gets you from 0-60 in 6.3 seconds, not entirely sure if you can tell the difference between 328xi and 5.7 seconds to 60mph, but maybe you can. I couldn’t.

Good Luck !
The 328 is a much faster car but its no go kart. its just the 3 series has sports car handling and the 528 is a dog in that department. I even test drove the 550i and was not impressed. The only 5 series I would own would be a M5. I think the 5 series is a great car its just not very sporty more Lexus then BMW.
Appreciate 0