View Single Post
      08-27-2012, 04:28 AM   #6
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

This is my observation of this annoyance, it appears to me as a software boot up sequence problem after the car has been switched off for a period of time longer than 15 min. The way I have found that seems to work for me to go back to the directory that the song is playing I let the car sit on the nag screen for around 5 min. Then press ok and suddenly the correct track and location is displayed. Now that seems to work 90% of the time for me on my prof nav on my 2010 X5. I was hoping that was fixed on the F30 but it appears that is not the case. See if that works, my F30 is due in Nov so I can't test that prof nav.

Just got home and I waited around 1 min before pressing ok on the nag screen and the music location was correct on the USB playlist. If I pressed the nag screen ok immediately when it came up it went to the root directory of the usb stick. It worked tonight but sometimes it doesn't. The music stored in the hard drive is instantly found but I think there is some delay with reading the directory structure on the USB stick. The music plays straight away though.

We love our tech and it always ends up quirky in some way
Appreciate 0