View Single Post
      11-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #71
Mark_K
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i 6MT ZSP

First, let me thank appropriate people who actually made this happen : Thank you, U.S. Government, for forcefully pulling BMWNA's heads out of their anuses.

Second, this is VERY good news for all customers, more companies will have to play catch-up and more diesel choices will be available here.

This said, let me give you verbatim a part of text message my wife sent to me this morning after dropping our E92 for service: "Asked for a 1er and got an X1. God I hate automatic!" So, if you can't sell AT to my wife, go figure how many you will sell to enthusiasts. Yes, yes ... ask yourselves how many NON enthusiasts will purchase 320d ...

My other car is a Jetta TDI with MT and I don't understand what all the complaining is about. I wouldn't want it any other way - classic AT OR DSG. I also drove my friend's 318d MT (E90) couple of months ago when visiting home in Europe and I don't see any problem with that combo. Wouldn't want it any other way. Yes, the MT is completely different than on my 335i and yes, it is very obviously cheaper "feeling" but that doesn't mean it needs to be replaced with AT. Not for me, at least.

Finally, it was never 100% confirmed that MT will NOT be offered - maybe as some kind of no-cost option or pay-for option. I wouldn't hold my breath, though.