View Single Post
      05-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #160
OdomPHD
I break for no one
United_States
Rep
Drives: e9o "Vanity 2"

Thank god these pics "prove" that the headlights won't be like those on recent Jags in that they aren't 3" tall and look like slits. It really is very Japanese looking.

Never the less, everyone knows this car will be a hit, and if you say otherwise you are fooling yourself. I'd argue that BMW AG has poured so many tens of millions into the base design of this car to keep it SPORTY after hearing of it's devoted population's dislike of the car's feel from the early E3x/46 > E90 and the further loss from the E90 > F10.

Worried about weight? If so, you're within the 20% of the population who actually cares. What you really want is sportiness....and if there is room add some MPG, too. But, and I'm going out on a limb here...I'd wager you want the sportiness a bit more. IT WILL NOT DISAPPEAR. Indeed, if it does not improve, I'll become un-enthusiast VERY fast. BMW knows they stepped out of line in terms of weight and handling; this is their chance to improve it.

Now then, we know the engine stats (ballpark figures). I think the I4 will do wonders in a 320i or 325i, but that isn't the car for us. The I6, possibly tri-turbo charged, is going to be a sexy beast. But where are the figures on weight??! Fear not, the only way you'll see anything under 3,200 lb is if YOU strip the carpeting, seats, headliner, AC Heat, etc.

Frankly stripping all of that would be overboard, right?? Not if the fkn handling keeps going downhill. I will NOT purchase a smaller F10 with inherent F10 problems. Sure it looks good, but if the 2nd gen F10 isn't better then this 1st gen, BMW better start looking for more investors.
Appreciate 0