11-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by carconvert View Post
So I switched from Pirelli all-season runflats to Michelin Xice3 (not runflats). Yikes... what a difference! Pirellis planted the car firmly on the road at high speeds with little to no road feedback through the steering wheel. With these Michelin winter tires I can feel almost everything on the road through the steering wheel -- and at high speeds it feels like I'm driving on a water bed (bouncy ride). I expected some change but this feels downright weird. Anyone else notice this with their non-run flat winter tire setup.
Have not put mine on yet, but you got non-performance winter tires... (ice/snow)... so I suspect your change in ride is expected. I got "performance winter tires"... probably not as good as yours on Ice/Snow, but I wanted excellent performance for non-snow conditions which we have most of the time, but still have tires made for low temps and winter conditions which is why I went this route... and I have the xDrive too. Pirelli Sottozero II's. These are non RF too so I'll be curious to see the difference from the 19" summer performance Bridgestone's.
Appreciate 0