View Single Post
      02-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #40
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: I6-> iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
Such packages have been offered for twenty plus years now. You could get a 318ti with the same front end as an e36 M3, literally in your rearview you would not be able to distinguish.

I upgraded my wheels so there is not one single M badge on the exterior. M steering wheels and knobs really do not mean much, do not get too hung up on It.

I had a no line base 6mt on order at first. There is something about how the m sport is kitted out, it just makes the car feel a bit more special.
I think you are right about the M Sport. Its been discussed here as a special look. I just hate having dicussions with people telling me its a poser ///M when the reality is the owner is not trying to look as though he or she has an M.

I think if BMW labeled the steering wheel as ///Msportline opposed to ///M wouldnt have this backlash. Or if the front spoiler wasn't such a duplicate of the next M3.

I realize all of the components that go into an M are skin deep. But why is BMW pushing the M look on non M cars? Money... they can sell a package and people will sign up.

Just in my case its about the Burl Wood, the nicer stitching. And less about the exterior appearance.
Appreciate 0