05-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #80
andy6387
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Garage List
2011 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker View Post
It's pretty hard to tell where these numbers are coming from, but it seems pretty clear that this is a bad deal. I ran some numbers for you and here's what I came up with:

1) Used BMWConfig to find the estimated invoice price on your car (since I don't know the specs). I priced one out to MSRP $53,125 with an invoice price of $49,390. Close enough.

2) Calculated the net cap cost as: $49,390 (invoice) - 750 (loyalty) + 725 (acquisition fee) + 1000 (dealer cash, could be a lot lower). Cap cost comes to: $50,365.

3) Factored in 7% tax on the monthly payment (=$39/mo)

4) Total monthly payment with these numbers would be $601 (tax included). If you only pay $500 over invoice, this goes down to $585/mo.

This would be with no down payment. Due at signing should be first months payment + fees/dmv/title/etc - $500 turn key (loyalty).

I have no idea what that $3115 tax amount is. Do you have to pay tax up front in FL?

Also, the doc fee seems really high like others have said.
Thanks everyone (and especially mntbiker), This was exactly what I needed. I made my own google doc sheet to plug figures into with all the math to know exactly what makes up the costs. I e-mailed this back to the dealer but I'm not holding my breath that they will be interested in taking it. I suspected the quote was intentionally confusing, missing items, etc but like you guys I couldn't even make heads or tails of how they were getting their final calculated numbers based on the inputs on the sheet.

If anyone wants to use the google doc I created, the inputs are in yellow (you may have to save your own copy in google docs though). This organized everything much better for me.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&usp=sharing

Thanks again for all the help!
Appreciate 0